Monday, April 9, 2012

Prerty Easter Girl!

Addison got her first Easter home alone with Mommy and Daddy. The other kids were with their others parents ("technically" [verbally agreed upon] we're supposed to get the oldest 3 every Easter, but they don't like being at our house on the "required" once-a-month weekend, anyway, so we didn't push it) and she didn't know the difference, anyway, so the Easter Bunny was off the hook this year!
 Nana got Addison this dress and a similar one for Maya. Be prepared for matchy matchy pics in the future where Addison is in this one again!
 I didn't pose a single one of these other than sitting her on the couch! She just did cute stuff (once I got that initial serious look off her face!)!
 Yes, you're seeing a spot below her nose. This kid catches every cold on the planet (which is why I think the claim that breastmilk protects your child from illness is a load of BS. Maybe it's allergies. But they also say breastfed babies are less likely to get allergies. Whatever). Last weekend she got too raw from the nose wiping and got a scab. :( Poor baby. But she's generally in good spirits unless there's a snot "mustache" as Maya called it this morning! She climbs into Addison's crib with her most mornings (once I give the ok) and it sometimes allows me a few more minutes to rest. This morning I hear "Mom, she has boogers! I saw a bubble! Mom, it's like a mustache!" Needless to say, I got my butt out of bed and cleaned my booger butt's booger face.

Addison got four teeth last month- the two bottom, and the two top ones off to the sides (maxillary lateral incisors, if you wanna get technical!), just like Maya's grew in (see here). I guess I have weird genes since my kids get weird teeth. She is putting them and her gums to good use- she eats anything we put in front of her. Jared is braver than I am about the size of bites she gets, but she generally does really well! We're giving her just about anything to eat, within reason, of course (no major choking hazards, botulism inducing honey, spicy stuff, etc). She hasn't seemed to be bothered at all other than some constipation. If you wonder if prunes work, lemme make it clear for ya: they do!! She is a little piglet when it comes to food- LOVES to eat. Yup, she's definitely my kid. :)
She's still not crawling, but we're making progress. She turns all around when on her belly and is trying to move forward, but her legs are just kicking in the air right now. More than half the time when she's on her back she has no desire to roll over- she just lays there (and kicks sometimes). On her tummy she tries to go places. She'll figure it out eventually then we'll have to put up gates and childproof some more kitchen cupboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment