Maya met her new baby sister on Saturday. When she came in, someone said something about seeing baby sister and she automatically looked at my stomach. I explained she came out of my tummy and Maya checked her out and immediately wanted to hold her!
| This is right after she followed Jared (who was holding Addison) to the door as he said farewell to the pediatrician. She was asking to hold the baby and we told her she had to wait! |
| Getting excited to hold sister! |
| Wow, she has hands! |
| And tiny toes! |
Maya asked where the baby's mommy was. I again explained she came out of my tummy (thus I'm her mommy; this is baby sister!). She then asked if there was another baby in there!
Maya had spent the last two days with her dad, so it was her first time seeing me in almost 48 hours. She tends to be clingy after getting home from time with Daddy (especially after 2 days. She normally just gets one a week with him). The look on her face when I said I wasn't coming home yet was so sad! But she dealt with it. But after her Sunday evening visit she almost cried and said "I want to stay here with you!" It broke my heart. She misses her mommy. I miss her, too! And holy cow, she seems so huge and grown up now! We head home today and life with two kids begins!
And this was Sunday morning before Church. Nana, Auntie, and Maya stopped by to see us.

So darling! What a great big sister! And I can't believe how big she is getting! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Two beautiful girls!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! It's so true that after you have a baby, your first one seems huge and so grown up.
ReplyDelete