Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello from the Kaiser lab...

I'm getting my 3-hour glucose tolerance testing done. I failed the one-hour at a lovely 143 when they want a max of 131. Therefore, I may have gestational diabetes. Oh, goody.

Yes, I know I suck at blogging. I thought I'd have more to show you, but apparently I also suck at taking pictures. There are more on my phone, but I didn't bring the mini (micro?) sd card adapter with me, so you'll just have to wait. Not that half of the pictures turn out very well, anyway. Never, NEVER EVER buy a Sprint LG remarq. World's worst currently-on-the-market phone.


But, anyway... here's Maya at one of her last kindermusik classes. We missed the last one because the day before she got diagnosed with pink eye. I'm not sure it was really pink eye- Jared and I didn't get it, and one round of drops and she was loads better, but she certainly had some sort of gross eye infection. She had lots of eye boogers and her eyelids and the surrounding areas were super red. Poor kid. She'd had a cold and fever in the days leading up to it, so she was just off kilter. Poor baby. But she's all better now and back to her typical charming self.


Maya is driving me out of my mind lately, but she can be funny and cute. One day last week it was getting rainy and I told her after nap we could go to the park if it stopped raining. She informed me we could sing itsy bitsy spider to make the rain go away. What a smart, funny kid. Along with the itsy bitsy spider- she calls fauctes- indoors and out- water spouts.

Another day that cracked me up so bad... the girl has got major gas sometimes- soooo stinky. She got up from the couch and it stunk so I said "do you have the fart farts?" and she does "no, that's you!" I laughed so hard.

One day she came upstairs to the kitchen and says "Mom, I saw Jared's butt!" I said, oh, you walked in on him in the bathroom?" and she says "yeah, that's nasty!" I had to brace myself against the counter I laughed so hard.

Potty training- almost there other than pooping in the potty (and getting her father to go along with making her use the toilet). She knows pull-ups are easier. Just yesterday she stripped, put on a pull-up over her panties, and proceeded to soak. Later shortly before dinner she stood near the front door and said "I'm peeing!" and instead of running into the bathroom as I told her to, she stood there and created a nice puddle. Little booger.

So... we belong to what our family calls "playplace." If you live in the Gresham area, I totally recommend it. Anyway, I like to "shop" in the swap area (I love dumping toys and clothes I don't want in my house anymore there, too!), and Maya sometimes hangs out with me rather than playing. One day I showed her what this contraption is, so she had to try to pump herself. This is one picture that made it off my phone because I just had to share!
And since my computer's battery is about to die and I must find a charging place, I will say goodbye for now...

2 comments:

  1. At least it was just his butt she saw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Swap & Play! I love having a place just up the road to take Nathan to. Maya is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete