Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Checkin' In

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I suck at blogging. A needy 2-year-old can do that to you (and a fetus sucking the life- in my case every ounce of energy- out of you). And when you're at your parents' with free time and there's an ethernet cord a whopping 8 inches long coming out of the hole in the baseboard to connect you, it's just not so comfy to be on your laptop! (Maya sleeps in the room with the desktop and the wireless connection is horrid).

SO, although I have a TON of pics I could be posting, they'll have to wait. I'm just waiting for Jared to call back and figured I'd finally say we're alive.

Maya and I are in Georgia with my parents. It was the first plane ride she had her own seat, so it was GREAT! Not so much fun schlepping (is that even a word? My family uses it) all our crap around with a layover, but we got the beast of a Graco stroller out of the attic and it holds a LOT of stuff! So we survived and are safe and sound in Snellville. There was a semi-good thunderstorm the other night. Oh how I miss those. I love when the thunder makes the house shake.

Maya's been spoiled rotten, but Nana actually said to her today "you are a b-r-a-t!" and it cracked me up. She wcouldn't bear to tell her grandbaby she's a brat, but could spell it! Maya is one crazy child at times! Terrible two's- wow, they aren't joking. Something snapped shortly after her second birthday!

I'm almost 22 weeks preggo now (approx) and still clueless as to what to name this little girl. Part of me hopes she pops out a boy so I can just name her Benjamin as planned, but a baby boy wouldn't want to wear all the cute girl clothes Maya used to wear and the extras Nana has purchased to make up for the change in seasons. "Clueless" doesn't sound right- there are "clues" alright- ideas and such, but nothing sounds right. I always loved the name Naomi (likely for a middle name), but went to a wedding reception (more a casual open house at brother's home) and there was a dog named that. So there's an example of something lingering in the back of my mind then getting checked off the list.

My Jared has called... so goodbye to my blogging fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment